Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Acer One + Ubuntu 9.04

 I was using my little computer during this weeks running windows XP minimal and it was hard not to miss my old laptop with Ubuntu 9.04. So I decided that it was time to install Ubuntu on my Acer One.

After many different trials with different distros I found the formula tu run Ubuntu on Acer One.

1. Install ubuntu 9.04 Desktop edition using a USB CD-ROM or other method.
2. After the installation get and install this two files kernel and headers  (or visit aspireonekernel.com to get the files)
3. Restart your computer and your ready to enjoy Ubuntu on your Acer ONE.

WIRELESS: OK
CARD READER:  OK // I just  tried a SD card.
WEBCAM: OK // You can install Cheese Webcam from the repository to play with your cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stats


View My Stats

Contributors